lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwip advice

From: Doug Turner
Subject: [lwip-users] lwip advice
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:40:55 +0000

Hello,

I am seriously looking into using lwip as a 'value add' package for my
project. I am responsible for a new embedded RTOS called OS21. If any of
you have a background in digital TV, set top boxes, or consumer
electronics then you will probably have heard of OS20, which is present
in something like 80% of all set top boxes . OS21 is a OS20's successor,
and I plan similar success for OS21. However OS21 is currently lacking a
TCP/IP stack. Looking a lwip it seems an ideal match. I haven't had time
to try porting it to OS21 (which will be trivial), so I've not tried it
out yet. Anyway, I have a couple of questions from read the project web
page:

I notice that it is currently at beta. Any idea when 'product' status
will be given?
How is the docuementation effort going?
How is PPP support progressing?
Any plans to support RTP? This is reqired for video on demand.
What help can we be to the project?

Cheers,

Doug

--