lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Fw: Re: [lwip-members] PPP??

From: Marc Boucher
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Fw: Re: [lwip-members] PPP??
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:41:52 +0100

Hi,

I would like to rectify a few incorrect statements
made by Paul below:

- The PPP code I ported to lwIP actually comes from BSD originally.

- To support PAP no crypto functions are required, much less OpenSSL.

- For CHAP, only MD5 hash routines are necessary, but they aren't very big
(4 functions).

- CCP is very rarely used and not supported by the current code,
but it wouldn't be difficult to add if you can afford the extra size.

- In many applications, chat functionality isn't required.

- The BSD PPP has been improved throughout the years but it
was useful from the very beginning.

I would agree that netif/ppp is the right place for the code;
however just before checking it in please email me for the latest
version; we have made quite a few fixes and improvements since.

Regards
Marc