lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] using lwip without an OS

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] using lwip without an OS
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:55:24 +0100

Hello Benjamin,

> I am investigating the possibility of using lwip in a non-OS environment.
> find from the mail archives.  I confess that I'm still somewhat baffled by
> what is minimally necessary to get such a system up and running.  I
> understand that I'll need to create an abstraction layer sys_arch.c along
> the lines of the one presented in the 6502 port, and I'll need of course

For a non-OS environment the sys_arch layer remains empty. You would
#define NO_SYS and the sys_arch functions remain empty.

> provide a driver for my network interface. Beyond that, I had assumed that
> the interface between lwip code and the stuff that comprises my
application,
> would essentially consist of calling some lwip initialization routines,
and
> then calling some lwip functions from a main loop to drive the tcp/ip
code.

Exactly!

> Does anyone have a working example of this ?  I don't care for what

Not a complete example that compiles out of the box, but I can send
you:
1) a list with the subset of the lwIP files that you will need
2) the initialization
3) a simple HTTP client using the raw_api

I'll send you this in 10 hours from now, when I'm back at work.

Leon.