lwip-users

[lwip-users] socket changes and lightweight protection

From: David Haas
Subject: [lwip-users] socket changes and lightweight protection
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 11:57:55 -0500

I have been meaning to integrate the select() code into the source tree, but last week I was very busy on a different project :-( .

If it is OK with everybody, I will work on integrating all these socket changes and hope to have it done in a day or two. I will do some (limited) testing before I check it in.

Also, I had put in some lightweight protection into pbuf and memp code (in a patch) which disabled interrupts. Several people commented on this and thought that we should not be disabling interrupts. I agree that on many systems this is undesirable. So how about a sys_arch_protect() and sys_arch_unprotect(). This can then be implemented differently on different systems.

Any comments???

David.