lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] question

From: David Haas
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] question
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:19:57 -0500

If you use the sockets interface with the select() call, it implements a timeout feature. You have to use patch 874 although I hope that it will very soon be integrated with the rest of the code.

Anyway, you can look at what I did to implement this.

David.

Ed Sutter wrote:

Hello!
I'm using lwIP in a uC/OS-II environment and I have
a telnet server task blocked in netconn_recv() waiting
for incoming characters.
I would like to add an inactivity timeout to this, so
I'm figuring that I need some way (from some other task)
to get netconn_recv() to return with some type of error
state that indicates that the connection is to be terminated
or just buf == NULL.

Anyone ever do this (and care to share their method)?

Ed