lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] bug #2240 - UDP pcb connect behaviour

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] bug #2240 - UDP pcb connect behaviour
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:31:27 +0100

Hello Ed,

> So, is there any way to send a UDP packet without having to call
> udp_connect()?

That would be a sendto() call. It does this:
1) remember the current remote address of the UDP socket.
2) sets the remote address to the recipient specified in sendto()
3) sends the UDP datagram
4) resets the remote address of the UDP socket to the address saved in 1.

> You say that the core stuff (udp.c) works ok, but have you ever
> used it to set up a server that would interface to multiple
> clients (as the one that I sent should)?

Yes. Please note that the 'core' stuff does not use the netcon* and
lwip* wrapper calls.

See the doc's on raw_arch (core) vs. sys_arch (core + wrapper).

Leon.