lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Ping flooding?

From: leon . woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Ping flooding?
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:22:06 -0000

> Anyone tried subjecting lwIP to a ping flood?

Yes, our setup can handle a ping flood with 0% packet loss. This is from a
Pentium III ~600MHz machine running Red Hat Linux 7.2, over a 10 Mb/s link.
The lwIP embedded device is a 16 MHz 16-bit Infineon C166 w/ CS8900a Ethernet
MAC.

Once ping flood with initial loads is performed (which probably results in
head-to-tail packets on the Ethernet link), packet loss increases dramatically
to >80% percent, but the stack remains
running stable.

Note that we simply cannot read packets fast enough from the cs8900a driver,
so the cs8900a hardware drops packets. lwIP is actually not involved there.

Leon.