lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP or uIP

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP or uIP
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 02:00:12 -0000

On Friday 12 October 2001 00:02, you wrote:
> I've found that bug too, but thanks anyway. It makes me more sure.
> Now, i can establish a TCP connection. But with a strange problem (or
> interpretation). The application on my 6809-board must only echo back the
> data i was sendedn to. So, i receive my sended data (Waw, i was happy).
> But then the connection came in CLOSE_WAIT on the linux side.
> This was because the 6809 board has send a FIN-flag after it had received
> the ACK of the sended data. I'm looking why....

If you could send me your application code, I could look over it to see if a
spot any bugs. Writing applications for uIP is rather tricky but at least is
pays off in code size.

This could also be related to the fact that uIP uses global variables for
communication between subroutines. Some compilers happen to optimize the code
in such a way that variables that are changed are never loaded again. Try to
add the "volatile" keyword to the "uip_appdata", "uip_len", and "uip_flags"
declarations in the file uip/uip.h.

> > By the way, that's an interesting project (connecting a home controlling
> > system with IP and uIP)! Have you made a homepage for your project?
>
> I haven't any time yet to make my homepage. First of all, i will make a
> working prototype of my project (as cheap as possible) and then my
> homepage. But this will take a while, because i must do this during my free
> time. (A few late hours a week, i'm married with children :-)

Ok!

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>