lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] The future of lwIP

From: John C. Toman
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] The future of lwIP
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 02:17:19 -0000

Hi Adam,

You can count me in as a collaborative developer. My lwIP DNS client
code, written from scratch, is nearly complete and I should be releasing
it in a week or so.

I'm going to be working on other protocols such as SMTP, POP3, SNTP and
an HTTP client which will work with lwIP, and which I will release back
into the community, in the very near future. I'm also interested in
developing/contributing/helping with RFC1948-based TCP ISS code to help
avoid that security issue. And I'm also interested in reducing the code
size / execution time for little endian architectures in particular
(without impacting the big endian architectures, of course), and have
some ideas as to how to proceed along those lines.

By the way, I like what's been done with etharp in the latest CVS stuff.
Much better.

Will the license stay BSD-style? I am certainly interested in it
remaining so.

Regards,

John