lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] DSP ports

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] DSP ports
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:25:52 -0000

Hi!

Regarding lwIP for DSPs that have chars that are larger than 8-bits:

It should be possible to port lwIP to such an architecture in two ways:

1) Put each 8 bit byte into the 16 or 32 bit native datatype in the
device driver and use special functions for extracting the 16 and 32 bit
header field values.

2) Pack the 8 bit bytes into the 16 or 32 bit native datatype (2 or 4
bytes/char) and use special functionality to extract the header values.

There is some preliminary code for dealing with this in the header files
(look in src/include/lwip/tcp.h for instance - the TCPH_ macros). But
these are optimized for 16 bit chars and not 32 bit chars.

As I don't have any DSP experience at all, I'm not at all sure what
would be best.

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>