lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwip-0.4.2 on PPC405

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwip-0.4.2 on PPC405
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:30:21 -0000

Hi!

On Friday 23 November 2001 13.06, you wrote:
> Tested lwip-0.4.2 with ucos-II on IBM PowerPC 405GP. Have been able to test
> the functionality of the stack, able to get ping and connect with a web
> browser.  On some occassions, when i connect to http server, pbuf
> allocation fails in the driver/elsewhere in the code.  Is this some known
> issue ? Also, i have some performance problems, which iam fine tuning.
>
> When can i expect the official 0.5 version ?

Pbuf allocation fails because all pbufs are already used elsewhere in the
code, or because there is no heap memory for allocating the buffer. There are
problems with memory usage in the 0.4.2 version that will be retified in the
0.5 version.

I have no schedule for the 0.5 version, but most of the code is ready and can
be found in the CVS (downloadable from the homepage). There are a few issues
in the unix port that I would like to fix before the 0.5 is officially
released.

Notice that the sys_arch stuff is different (and simpler!) in the 0.5
version. See the other thread on "RFC - new sys_arch for lwIP 0.5".

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>
http://www.sics.se/~adam