lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] Compiler name conflict

From: Robert
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] Compiler name conflict
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:22:09 -0000

I am using lwIP with the "NO_SYS" method.  In the header file sys.h, there
is a structure and a macro with the same name: namely "sys_timeout"  For
now I have put in preprocessor statements as a workaround, it seems that
the macro is not even needed although I have not studied this in detail
and there are a couple of function calls in ethernetif.c.  However
ethernetif.c does not appear to be needed in my project.  Perhaps it is
only used when the NO_SYS option is off.

My compiler cannot deal with these two things having the same name.
Perhaps other compilers have seperate name pools for functions &
structures. Could either the structure or the function be renamed? Or is
there a reason they need to be named the same?

--------------------------------------
#if NO_SYS

/* For a totally minimal and standalone system, we provide null
   definitions of the sys_ functions. */
typedef u8_t sys_sem_t;
typedef u8_t sys_mbox_t;
struct sys_timeout {u8_t dummy;};

#define sys_init()
#ifndef EZ80            // struct & #define with same name
#define sys_timeout(m,h,a)
#endif
#define sys_sem_new(c) c
#define sys_sem_signal(s)