lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] malloc and sys_arch

From: mt
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] malloc and sys_arch
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 02:19:39 -0000

Hello,

I have an interesting problem..

I'm building lwip on a smallish embedded system.
Instead of writing a memory alloc module, I've been
using lwip's fine (m)allocator.  I have, also, a
threads implementation on this system, and am working
on porting sys_arch to it (starting from the
unix/sys_arch.c, it's very similar.)

The problem I'm running into is this:
mem_init calls sys_sem_new() to setup mem_sem
sys_sem_new() calls malloc()
malloc() is really mem_malloc()
mem_malloc() waits for mem_sem
mem_sem isn't setup yet.

does anyone else use mem_malloc as thier malloc?  with
threads?  any (-clean-) ideas?

thanks,
mt