lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Sample application.

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Sample application.
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:03:51 -0000

On 25 Jul 2002, harish  jayaraj wrote:

> Hello,
>      I have currently ported the Lwip on a premptive multitasking
> kernel.
> But, 'am running the entire stack as a single theraded
> application.
> My question is :
>        #1 Can i run the aplication that is provided in the proj/
> directory? I 'am asking this question 'cause i see that there is a
> thread created while initilizing the tcpip_init().

The unixsim application will only work without alteration on a unix
operating system.  The thread is only created if the architecture
dependent code that you've written supports multiple threads.  If not, it
all still works, but you have to call the tcp timers manually.

>        #2 Are the .c files under the directory unix/netif/ are
> dependent on unix or linux? Or is it independent of OS.

Yes, they are dependent on unix.  You may find that your operating system
is similar enough that they provide a good template, and you can modify
them slightly to create a different set for your OS.

>        #3 In rtxc port i see that there is a max of 2 therads that
> is cerated. Which are these two therad?

Don't know.  I've only looked at the unix code.

Kieran