lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Question about ip_input

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Question about ip_input
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:14:37 -0000

Hello David,

> in ip_input:
> if(ip_addr_isany(&(netif->ip_addr)) ||
> Why is one of the criteria ip_addr_isany(&(netif->ip_addr))  ?

We must accept packets for the DHCP negotiation process for an unconfigured
interface.

However, the filter can be much more restrictive.

Also, the filter seems not to work for 2 unconfigured interfaces, as the
first one always
matches.

This filter must be rewritten. Let's first define in pseudo-code what it
should do.

Regards,

Leon.