lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] running lwip in unixsim

From: Ganesh Subramaniam
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] running lwip in unixsim
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 02:19:42 -0000

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary

------=_NextPart_000_0067_01C16397.52273FC0

Hi lwip users

I tried to run the latest lwip-0.4.1 on a linux machine (2.4 kernel). I =
would like to test the stack on the unix environment before attempting =
to port on a PowerPC 405 platform running my port of ucos-ii.=20

To test lwip (unixsim), I found that there are really two executables =
that i can use. simrouter
to run first a unix server. Then simnode the unix client. But the moment =
i run simnode, the simrouter aborts (details below). In the first look, =
it seems like no thread id in the thread list matches with the currently =
running thread. Before, i begin to debug further, i would like to know =
if others had similar problems. It seems like this is the testbed most =
others like Adam would use before porting. Any suggestions would be =
helpful.

./simrouter
System initialized.
Now run client.
SIOCADDRT: Operation not permitted
SIOCADDRT: Operation not permitted
sys: current_thread: could not find current thread!
This is due to a race condition in the LinuxThreads
pthreads implementation. Start the program again.
Aborted

./simnode
System initialized.
TCP/IP initialized.
Applications started.

Also, any inputs on testing the lwip stack on unixsim would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Ganesh

I was quite impressed with the lwip design - for it can be run =
standalone and also=20
integrated easily to an OS. I have my design for the port of lwip to =
ucos ready.

------=_NextPart_000_0067_01C16397.52273FC0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier>Hi lwip users</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier>I tried to run the latest lwip-0.4.1 on a =
linux machine=20
(2.4 kernel)</FONT><FONT face=3DCourier>. I would like to test the stack =
on the=20
unix environment before attempting </FONT><FONT face=3DCourier>to port =
on a=20
PowerPC 405 platform running my port of ucos-ii. </FONT><FONT=20
face=3DCourier></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier>To test lwip (unixsim), I found that there are =
really=20
two executables that i can use. simrouter</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier>to run first&nbsp;a unix server. Then simnode =
the unix=20
client. But the moment i run simnode, the simrouter aborts (details =
below). In=20
the first look, it seems like no thread id in the thread list matches =
with the=20
currently running thread. Before, i begin to debug further, i would like =
to know=20
if others had similar problems. It seems like this is the testbed most =
others=20
like Adam would use before porting. Any suggestions would be=20
helpful.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier>./simrouter<BR>System initialized.<BR>Now run=20
client.<BR>SIOCADDRT: Operation not permitted<BR>SIOCADDRT: Operation =
not=20
permitted<BR>sys: current_thread: could not find current thread!<BR>This =
is due=20
to a race condition in the LinuxThreads<BR>pthreads implementation. =
Start the=20
program again.<BR>Aborted<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier>./simnode<BR>System initialized.<BR>TCP/IP=20
initialized.<BR>Applications started.<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier>Also, any inputs on testing the lwip stack on =
unixsim=20
would be helpful.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier>Thanks in advance.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier>Ganesh</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier>I was quite<FONT face=3DCourier> impressed =
with the lwip=20
design - for it can be run standalone and also </FONT>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier>integrated easily to an OS. I have my design =
for the=20
port of lwip to ucos ready.</FONT></DIV><BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0067_01C16397.52273FC0--

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary

Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro and/or its
Customers and
is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at mailto:address@hidden and delete this mail
from your records.

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary--