lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] recent win32 commits

From: Florian Schulze
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] recent win32 commits
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:54:27 -0000

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 15:45:43 +0200 Jani Monoses <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Florian
> could you move all include bps eps to the include dir if possible
> moving the structs from etharp.c to etharp.h
> lets keep the arch dependent and unfortunately ugly changes away from
> core code.

The files itself are in the appropiate msvc6 arch subdirectory where all
other includes like cc.h, cpu.h etc are as well.

The #include statements need to be there, or else this won't work.

Blame it on the Microsoft compiler. On gcc and all other compilers which
seem to be used, it's possible to use the define statements.

> Or how about putting the structs which require alignment (mostly
> headers) to a new include
> file packed_headers.h (or a 8.3 variant) ? There is TCP,IP,ICMP flavors
> and ARP.
> That for way other archs is easier to keep these changes out.These are
> all used together
> anyway.And we only have include bps and eps once.

The packed_headers.h would be the only way to keep them seperate.

Florian