lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Proposal - change lwIP List Server

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Proposal - change lwIP List Server
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:25:23 -0000

On Monday 20 May 2002 09.37, you wrote:
> gko - Yet another trojan????

No, that's Guido Konrad who have ported lwIP to uC/OS II. And he is totally
innocent of this virus mail - this particular virus was sent from China and
not from msc-ge.com.

This is the kind of mails that cannot be stopped by filtering on the From:
address. A chinese computer infected by the virus probably has scanned the
lwIP mailing list archives and picked up both the lwip address and Guido's
and forged a mail using those two addresses.

On the positive side - the filter rejected three virus infected mails
tonight!

The best thing to do would be to reject all attachments, since that would put
a definitive end to all infected emails on this list. The mailing list system
was just upgraded and I'll see if I can find any knobs to tweak in the new
configuration.

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>