lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Packed structures

From: Florian Schulze
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Packed structures
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:25:16 -0000

> I'm glad to hear that things are working for you! I suppose you are running
> without any underlying OS and use a very bare sys_arch.c implementation. What
> device driver are you running?

I'm running under DOS using DJGPP ( http://www.delorie.com/djgpp ). For the
ethernet driver I use my own library to access the packet driver interface
 http://www.crynwr.com/ ). I'm using sys_arch.c from the c64 implementation
which is quite empty ;) I wrote my own interface which uses polling. Packets are
queued in interrupts through the packet driver interface and are then send to
lwIP through the polling function. I have a way to do multithreading, but I
don't think it will be needed for my application, because the whole TCP/IP
functionality runs in it's own thread and doesn't interfere with the other
threads. I haven't tested it with multithreading yet.

Two things would be nice to have for lwIP:
1. A way to report failure of interface initialization back to the application.
For example, if no packet driver is loaded the interface initialization will
fail, currently I exit in that case, but I would like to react inside the
application to this.
2. A way to shut down lwIP. This isn't essential, but would be nice to make the
cleanup of the interface nicer etc.

Florian