lwip-users

[lwip-users] debugging over Ethernet (Was: Re: [lwip] dhcp_fine_tmr())

From: leon . woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] debugging over Ethernet (Was: Re: [lwip] dhcp_fine_tmr())
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:57:33 -0000

Hello,

> Obviously, I can't enable all of lwIP debugging because of recursive
> problems. :-(

My personal solution is a very low-level independent function that outputs a
printf message in a UDP packet. This function makes all the IP headers and
checksums itself, _independent of any lwIP code_.

This allows me to debug every aspect of lwIP, even the Ethernet driver
itself (as
long as I do not debug within packet transfers to/from the Ethernet chip)!

I can post this function friday, when I do have access to it again.

Regards,

Leon Woestenberg.