lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP and TUN/TAP on Linux 2.4

From: Joe MacDonald
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP and TUN/TAP on Linux 2.4
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:19:22 -0000

In message: Re: [lwip] lwIP and TUN/TAP on Linux 2.4 on 17/12/2001 (Mon
14:56) Adam Dunkels wrote:

> Hi Joe!
>
> On Thursday 13 December 2001 19.06, you wrote:
> > I, among others, have been working on and off on getting this
> > working in 2.4.x kernels.  I've been running very short of free time
> > lately with my new job, but I have a semi-working implmentation I'll
> > be testing in the next few days.  If it works, I'll be sending a
> > patch to Adam for inclusion in the tree.
>
> Glad to hear from you again! I'm looking forward to that patch - there
> are quite a few people asking for Linux compability for lwIP.

Yeah, I'm still here, just quiet lately.  I had a pile of things due at
work last week, so a lot of my 'free' time was eaten up by that.  The
next two weeks should slow down a bit, though.

As a brief update for everyone interested in the linux stuff, part of
the problem was that somewhere around 2.4.6 the tun code was damaged and
didn't get sufficiently fixed until 2.4.15.  The other, far more
annoying problem, is that nothing seems to want to work with DevFS under
2.4.anything.  I'm getting a non-devfs machine together now to test the
fixes, but I've been able to do user-space NAT with my own code on a 2.4
machine I had access to for a little while last week, so I think things
are going to be okay.

And sometime very soon now (maybe today) I'll have the HTML built for
0.5.  Do we have anon CVS access yet or is it coming?  If so, I should
be ready to set up the automatic HTML generation from nightly snapshots.

-Joe.

--
Joe MacDonald
:wq