lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] RE: [lwIP] Platforms, applications, uses

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] RE: [lwIP] Platforms, applications, uses
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:14:15 -0000

Hi Jason!

On Monday 17 December 2001 16.02, you wrote:
> We are still ironing out porting bugs and interaction with our RTOS, but
> although going slowly it is progressing.  We still plan to put our work
> back into lwIP, though are a bit worried at present about the 'pull' that
> some others are placing on the code.  Our work is still based on a
> relatively old snapshot of the code, we probably won't touch more recent
> versions until they stabilise (when will you call it done?). When we are
> happy with our port we'll then try and feed it back.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what "pull" you are referring to? Do you
mean the 16-bit char discussions? That is not really a major change - only
internal to the protocol implementations.

I think you should at least upgrade to the 0.5.0 version, if possible. The
reasons are that the TCP output buffer control is much better, which means
that it is easier to configure the memory (memp) sizes, and there are also
bugs that have been fixed. The pbuf pool allocation scheme is also much
better in 0.5.0.

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>