lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] Issue compiling lwIP

From: Josh Marshall
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] Issue compiling lwIP
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:47:04 -0000

Hi everyone.

I have run into a strange error when attempting to build lwIP.

The error given at build time (in tcp.c) is:

[Error(ccom):lwip/tcp.c,line 390] type redeclaration of tcp_connect
   ===> err_t tcp_connect(struct tcp_pcb *pcb, struct ip_addr *ipaddr,
u16_t port,
            err_t (* connected)(void *arg, struct tcp_pcb *tpcb, err_t
err))
        {
Sorry, compilation terminated because of these errors in tcp_connect().

I am currently implementing lwIP under uC-OS/II on a Mitsubishi M16C
with a CS8900A, using Leon's netif driver. I am using the stock
Mitsubishi NC30 compiler, with the latest CVS version.

I would usually get this error when there is a header file included
twice, but this isn't the case here. Removing the header definition in
tcp.h removes the problem, as does removing the function implementation,
but both of these make lwIP unusable. :( I have done a search for any
other instance of tcp_connect(), but can't find any.

If I remove the last argument from the function, in both declaration &
definition, the error disappears. Does anyone who has better experience
with pointers to functions and/or anyone who has had this problem before
have a solution?

Thanks,

Josh