lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] dropping the TIME-WAIT state

From: psheer
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] dropping the TIME-WAIT state
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:33:58 -0000

Hi there

lwIP obeys the rfc TIME-WAIT spec, whereby a connection
sits around waiting to acknowledge any remaining FIN packets.

What is the significance of removing the TIME-WAIT state
and immediately freeing the pcb struct using tcp_abort?

I do this myself to conserve resources: if I have ten
incomming web server connections per second, I don't want
idle pcb structs taking up memory. IMO an http server
should send its last packet and forget the connection.

comments please.

Alternatively, can the time spend in TIMED-WAIT be reduced?

Can we not make this a few seconds instead of many minutes?

What parameters must be modified to reduce it?

What is the current timeout?

best wishes

-paul

This message was sent using World Mail.