lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] improved Ethernet ARP on my web site, seeking tester

From: leon . woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] improved Ethernet ARP on my web site, seeking testers
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:33:14 -0000

Hello all,

I have changed the Ethernet ARP implementation with 3 improvements:

- update (i.e. time-stamp) existing entries on foreign ARP traffic.
- ARP now uses link level output function, so both an ARP reply and a
queued IP packet can be sent at the same time.
- ARP is now more persistent on queries (and can do requests more often).

This paves the way to further ARP enhancements, such as multi-packet
queueing, mobile IP support and non-Ethernet
ARP.

Everyone interested please test this implementation. It should be a drop-in
replacement for the current "etharp.c".
Make sure your link driver fills the netif->linkoutput field correctly.
(This field is not new, but was seldomly used.)

Please download here: (THIS CODE IS NOT IN THE CVS YET.)

http://www.coredinal.nl/~leon/lwip/

Also, I have fixed the cs8900a driver with regards to bug #1686.

Regards,

Leon Woestenberg.