lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] architecture question

From: Horst Garnetzke
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] architecture question
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:17:39 -0000

Hi Peter,

Peter Graf wrote:

> I'd just like to kindly ask, if someone had a port to a similar platform
> working with 0.5. My target is 32 bit big endian, using interrupt-driven
> serial line (SLIP). I'm using the C68 compiler.

Yes, I'm porting lwip to Motorola 68302 (big endian too). No SLIP but an
interrupt driven SMCS ethernet controller 91C911. Compiling under
Linux/gcc (68k cross).

I'm using to latest cvs-sources! TCP, UDP, ICMP, httpd - all works.

I recommend using the _latest_ cvs-sources! In the past (since 0.4)
there are some changes for big endian and checksum calculation.

 > working with 0.5. My target is 32 bit big endian, using
 > interrupt-driven serial line (SLIP).

Caution with interrupt driven frame input! Avoid calling functions which
are semaphore blocked -as netif->input()- directly from interrupt!

Hope it helps

/Horst

--
Horst Garnetzke                      address@hidden
PULSAR GmbH,  Sorbenstrasse 45,   D-20537 Hamburg