lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] lwIP 0.5.0 released

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] lwIP 0.5.0 released
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:03:24 -0000

Hi all!

Version 0.5.0 is now released and can be downloaded from the homepage
[http://www.sics.se/~adam/lwip/].

The changes are (as you probably all know):

  ++ New features:

  * Redesigned operating system emulation layer to make porting easier.

  * Better control over TCP output buffers.

  * Documenation added.

  ++ Bugfixes:

  * Locking issues in buffer management.

  * Bugfixes in the sequential API.

  * IP forwarding could cause memory leakage. This has been fixed.

  ++ Other changes:

  * Directory structure somewhat changed; the core/ tree has been
    collapsed.

In all honesty, in my eagerness to release the 0.5.0 version, I haven't
properly tested and gone through it. There may therefore be bugs and stuff
that might call for a 0.5.1 release soon...

I have also moved into a new CVS repository, so all file version numbers are
reset to 1.1.

Huge thanks to all of you who have contributed suggestions, comments, bug
reports, etc.!

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>