lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Problems using lwIP as a router and userland PPP

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Problems using lwIP as a router and userland PPP
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:23:06 -0000

Hi!

On Thursday 28 March 2002 19.48, Paul Sheer wrote:
> lwIP seems to have a complete routing layer but i would like
> to know if anyone is actually using the routing, say, with more
> than one interface.

The routing stuff in lwIP is not really complete in that it doesn't conform to
all requirements of RFC1009, "Requirements for Internet Gateways". It does,
however, work to the extent that it is possible to run it with multiple
interfaces. I know that Conny Öhult and his group at the Luleå University of
Technology are using it to route between SLIP and Bluetooth. (I was given a
demonstration by Conny just a few days ago and it was really exciting to
see!)

> But now I hear of this ARP problem, and my app crashes mysteriously
> with a pbuf assert (bad flag field) sometimes around the time
> of "Sending ARP after query" and sometimes when a UDP or ICMP
> multicast packet comes along.
>
> any clue about this wierdness?

You have probably solved this problem by now, but it sounds to me like
something is using a deallocated pbuf (which has been overwritten by
something else).

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>