lwip-users

[lwip-users] RE: [lwip] questions & suggestions

From: Adel Mamin
Subject: [lwip-users] RE: [lwip] questions & suggestions
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:07:30 -0000

-----Original Messages-----
> I'm studying your 0.5 code now and I have a question: the function
> pbuf_pool_free(struct pbuf *p) is not  recoursive (I mean it doesn't work
> if the input parameter p is the pointr to the head of the buffers chain).
> Is it right?

>I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What buffer chain?

>/adam

This is a fragment from your pbuf_alloc() function (see my question in
comments):

    /* Allocate the tail of the pbuf chain. */
    r = p;
    rsize = size - p->len;
    while(rsize > 0) {
      q = pbuf_pool_alloc();
      if(q == NULL) {
        DEBUGF(PBUF_DEBUG, ("pbuf_alloc: Out of pbufs in pool,\n"));
#ifdef PBUF_STATS
        ++stats.pbuf.err;
#endif /* PBUF_STATS */
        pbuf_pool_free(p);              /* what if you already allocated
more than */
                                                /* one buffer from
pbuf_pool_alloc_cache - will */
                                                /* they all be free after