lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] SLIP support in Windows

From: Fabio Fumi
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] SLIP support in Windows
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:35:57 -0000

Hi
I'm trying to use the approach you suggested, but I'm
still missing something. Maybe you can give me some
more help...
The fact is that when I'm trying to use the modem-like
connection, the standard dial-up procedure first ask
the 'modem' a kind of handshake consisting of a string
of repeted characters. What should the 'modem' answer
to that in order to be recognized from the PC? Then, a
series of AT commands are sent, the last being the
true dialing one (ATDT...) which is answered by the
modem with a 'CONNECT xxxx'. All of this is obviously
a start-up procedure, executed only once and before
the communication stream start, so why do you think
the 'AT' commands should be added in the standard
'poll' procedure?
Do you have any reference to get information from
about the standard modem procedures?

Thanks so much
have a nice week-end
  Fabio