lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Ethernet driver for CS8900A on 8 bit mode

From: leon . woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Ethernet driver for CS8900A on 8 bit mode
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:16:03 -0000

Hello,

> I read a FAQ (or something...) on the Cirrus web site that stated that
> the interrupts did not work properly on the CS8900A when it was run in
> 8-bit mode. They did not provide much detail on this, they simply stated
> that it would appear to work for a while but would eventually fail.

In Application Note 181 "...CS8900A in 8-bit mode" (see this URL)
http://www.cirrus.com/pubs/an181.pdf?DocumentID=259

they state that: Interrupts do not work in 8-bit mode. Polling must be used.

In my driver, setting the "use_polling" flag will make sure the service
routine
will always check with the CS8900 whether events have occured (that would
otherwise have generated a IRQ.)

You could then call cs8900if_service() on a regular basis to do implement
polling.

Regards,

Leon.

http://www.gmx.net