lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] IMPORTANT: Savannah hosts lwIP CVS!

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] IMPORTANT: Savannah hosts lwIP CVS!
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:14:50 -0000

Hello all,

finally we have what most of us thought was best.

NEWS

lwIP is, from now on, CVS hosted on Savannah, more
precisely http://savannah.nongnu.org/

This allows us to more easily add bugs, bug fixes,
improvements and new features, without burdening
Adam Dunkels, the lwIP author, with all of it.

Also, we will benefit from the extensive set of management
features of the Savannah project.

Thanks to the Adam Dunkels and SICS to allow me to
modify the license (Savannah indeed wanted a
letter-to-letter exact BSD license, as they simply link to it.)

Thanks to everyone who brainstormed along on the
Savannah/Sourceforge and BSD/LGPL discussion.

I would like to ask to stop off-topic discussions on the
lwIP mailing list so its "bandwidth" can be used to proceed
with cooperative lwIP development.

FUTURE

Those people that have been invited by Adam to get
CVS write access, and want to use it, should set up
a Savannah account and CVS over SSH1 access.

Highest priority is then to bring lwIP up-to-date with
the mailing list patches. I'll check the mailing list for
patches to add.

Patches can be submitted here. Please provide
patches with source comments.
http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?group=lwip

In addition to code patches, source documentation
patches are very welcome.

Best regards,

Leon Woestenberg.