lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] The new raw API - lwip_tcp_event versus (tcp_recv,

From: Chris Borrelli
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] The new raw API - lwip_tcp_event versus (tcp_recv, tcp_accept)
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:17:46 -0000

I have recently updated from 0.5.3 to the current source... I have
managed to compile the lwip library  thanks to some recent posts about
bugs in the current release... and now I am working on porting the
application.

Can someone explain the new event based design of the raw API?  My
example applications are an echo server and an echo client.  At startup,
the user selects which app to run (client or server).  Based on which
application the user selects, I register a different callback function
using tcp_recv - the application acts differently depending on whether
its the originator of the data versus the server echoing the data...

It seems as though this functionality has been removed, and has been
replaced by this event callback stuff... which means the callback from
the lwip stack is not tied to the pcb anymore.  Seems like I will have
to keep a data structure of pcbs and function pointers, so that I can
get back the functionality that has been taken out of lwip... ??

I looked at the api and the unix test app, but these don't have the
lwip_tcp_event function, so I guess they have not been updated beyond
0.5.3.  The minimal example assumes only one application.

Can anyone offer any wisdom?

  Thanks,
 -Chris