lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] uVNC - VNC for microcontrollers

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] uVNC - VNC for microcontrollers
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:56:15 -0000

Hi!

For those of you who don't know VNC, it is a remote display system that can
be used to remotely display the screen of a computer in a window on another
computer. Most people use it for working with a Windows desktop under Unix or
with a Unix desktop under Windows.

Perhaps VNC could be a good protocol for interacting even with small
microcontrollers? To try to answer that question, I wrote a small VNC server
that can be used together with uIP on small 8-bit systems. If someone thinks
this is interesting, I have uploaded the code and some info to:

   http://www.sics.se/~adam/uvnc/

I had a small demo server running as well, but it crashed yesterday :-( But
the code can be run under FreeBSD and (probably) Linux as well, so it is
possible to try it out nevertheless.

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>