lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] compilation on kernel 2.2

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] compilation on kernel 2.2
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:50:47 -0000

Hi!

On Monday 22 October 2001 17:39, you wrote:
> I'm trying to adapt to 2.4 kernel. In fact, there is only /dev/tun now,
> and the MAKEDEV does not work properly (at least with my distro
> Mandrake).

Have you tried creating the device nodes directly with mknod? I think this
was mentioned in the tun/tap driver documentation, but I'm not sure.

> I have already got the router to work. But when I ran the node, it
> crashed.

The simnode must be started when simrouter is running and cannot be run
alone. simhost can, however. The fact that simrouter starts would imply that
the tap device has been properly initialized at least.

When I look in the simhost.c, I see that I have left some old #ifdef linux's
in there. You could try to change the "tapif_init_thread" to
"tunif_init_thread" in the main_thread() function:

#ifdef linux
  netif_set_default(netif_add(&ipaddr, &netmask, &gw, tapif_init_thread,
  tcpip_input));
#else
  netif_set_default(netif_add(&ipaddr, &netmask, &gw, tunif_init_thread,
  tcpip_input));
#endif

Perhaps that might work.

/adam