lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] running lwip in unixsim

From: Felipe Massia Pereira
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] running lwip in unixsim
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:23:48 -0000

Hello,

I'm trying to make it work under linux. There's another person
working on it. Well... I found that in linux 2.4 kernels, you should
create a device '/dev/net/tun' with

# mkdir /dev/net
# mknod -m 660 /dev/net/tun c 10 200

A program that opens this device can then do "ifconfig tun0 ..." via
system() call.

I had to tell module loader how to link modules with device adding the
following lines to /etc/modules.conf:

alias tun0 tun
alias char-major-10-200 tun

After adding these line, it's recommended to run "depmod -a".

But this is not all...I'm still working.

[]s
Felipe