lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] ARP request ...and then?

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] ARP request ...and then?
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:26:34 -0000

On Friday 15 February 2002 15.20, you wrote:
> How should I send any other datagram? The application does not know wheter
> the successful return code comes from a succeeded ARP query or UDP
> datagram. I hope anybody can help me solve this problem.

The ARP code is pretty stupid - it just sends out an ARP request and hopes to
get a reply sometime. In the meantime, it would just keep sending ARP
requests, and wouldn't even notice if it didn't get an ARP reply.

The ARP implementation is better suited for TCP, which times out after a
while and gives up (and doesn't retransmit so ofter, either).

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>
http://www.sics.se/~adam