lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] OS Functions

From: Jason Morgan
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] OS Functions
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 21:48:37 -0000

Hi Adam (and the rest of the list)

As you know I'm working on porting lwIP to RTX166 on a C166 using Keil
and our own hardware based round the SMsC LAN91C96.

I've got lwIP interfaced to my Ethernet driver, ARP is working (my
implementation), ping and UDP are alive,
or at least my udp echo server is.

I've a few questions....

In udp_input what is the purpose of the args argument to the pcb->recv
function call?

Now I'm on to TCP, and see that I need to implement one of the sys_ calls
(sys_timeout), I'll use the RTX to do
this. Only what is the *Data pointer for that is passed as part of the call?

Lastly, I think there is a small bug in the pbuf code, though I'm having
trouble finding it (real time system and all that).

I  think what is happening is that should an odd length packet be received,
when the pointer to the NEXT pbuf is created
it has an odd address, (the UTAH does not like word operations on odd
addresses, it causes a system error trap).

Any clues where this might be?  I seem to remember that you mentioned that
you were going to changed the memory
allocation scheme, does this mean pbufs are gone and its not worth trying to
find the source of this error?

All the best,
Jason.

Jason Morgan - Development Engineer