lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] my ARP and CS8900A source code

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] my ARP and CS8900A source code
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 21:58:50 -0000

Hi!

On Wednesday 07 November 2001 15.58, you wrote:
> My next step will be to integrate this driver and possibly ARP with Adam's
> current release. I will release these as soon as I feel confident about the
> merge.

I looked through your code and it seems to be done in a better way than the
half-baked CS8900 driver that is included in lwIP 0.4.2. For one thing, your
driver uses IRQs for receiving packets, whereas the driver in 0.4.2 uses
polling. (For some reason however, I can't seem to find your IRQ handlers...)

In 0.4.2, there is a driver skeleton that can be used for writing/porting
network interface device drivers. It is in the file src/netif/ethernetif.c.
If you use this file, I'd really be interested in how useful you found it to
be.

Cheers,

/adam
--