lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #55380] dhcp_release_and_stop() clears the assigned IP

From: R. Diez
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #55380] dhcp_release_and_stop() clears the assigned IP address - v2.1.2
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 02:10:52 -0500 (EST)

I wanted to check out the code changes, now that this bug has been marked as
fixed, in order to patch my sources, but I could not find it below. Have you
not pushed it yet?

http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/lwip.git/log/?h=STABLE-2_1_x

For other readers, the reason why this issue does need to be fixed is that
dhcp_release_and_stop() unconditionally clears the interface's IP address,
even if the address was not set by DHCP.

This breaks applications that want to use a fallback IP address if DHCP fails,
but my still want to stop and restart DHCP in case a DHCP server does show up
later on.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?55380>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/