lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9751] UDP client/serveur support in lwiperf

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9751] UDP client/serveur support in lwiperf
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 11:03:56 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #8, patch #9751 (project lwip):

> Additionally, since lwiperf only use RAW API, I've assumed it is only
compatible with NO_SYS=1 platforms.

No, RAW API can be used for NO_SYS=0, too.

> Yes, this is a little trick to take care of processing time to send one UDP
frame.

Hmm, if you evenly distribute the time where you call 'udp_send' (or
whatever), why do you need the diff to the wire than? What's the negative
result when leaving this diff out?

> If not evenly distributed, jitter will be very high (according to my
understand of the jitter calculation).

Oh, ok, I hadn't thought about jitter. Maybe it's still a valid solution if
sub-ms timing is not available...

I'll try to merge this by adding defines for the timing.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9751>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/