lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] UDP_RAW Send and receive simultaneously (UDPerf)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] UDP_RAW Send and receive simultaneously (UDPerf)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 16:09:07 +0100

On 26.11.2018 14:54, antonio wrote:
Hi all,

I am developing a Iperf_UDP Server application.
So far I was able to connect the client to my server.
However, I want now to enable  "bi-directional bandwidth measurement"
(i.e., -d and -r option at the client).

One way I tried to create a reverse path is
when I receive the first packets from the client, I create a new thread that
communicates back to the client.
However, it's blocking my server application... :(

Any hint is welcome.

Does UDP RAW supports concurrent operation? Because, with TCP it's possible
to have another PCB to send data in the reverse path.

Yes, of course we allow concurrent transmissions. But we do not support concurrent threads. And this is not protocol specific but API specific. If it works for tcp, you just had bad luck...

See here: https://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_1_x/multithreading.html

Simon