lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Please explain how Recv Event sets Select to fire

From: jhinkle
Subject: [lwip-devel] Please explain how Recv Event sets Select to fire
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 19:03:27 -0700 (MST)

Using lwip 2.0.3 with FreeRtos
LWIP_EVENT_API = 0

I have a recv wndo of 14600 mss of 1460

Randomly receiving large download from server, my recv wndo goes to zero and
never increases thereby stalling the download.

I've been trying to track down the path the data takes to get to the
application's lwip_recv.

A lwip_select is used to notify the application data is ready.

I've added some of my own debug printfs -- your debug output is too much and
I can't follow it.

The stall occurs when select() no longer fires .. either with data or a
timeout ..

I can trace to TCP_EVENT_RECV(pcb, recv_data, ERR_OK, err); in tcp_input();

I can't figure out how select is signaled.

I can't use a jtag to trace real time so I'm stuck with printf.

Can someone direct me on how to find the function that signals select()?

Thanks.

--
Sent from: http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/lwip-devel-f11621.html