lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] lwip master, opt.h uses defines from ppp_opts.h

From: Jacob Kroon
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] lwip master, opt.h uses defines from ppp_opts.h
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 13:11:31 +0200

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I didn't notice the responses.

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 10:06 AM Dirk Ziegelmeier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Jacob, can you explain further? I checked all places in lwIP where
> LWIP_NUM_SYS_TIMEOUT_INTERNAL or MEMP_NUM_SYS_TIMEOUT are used - all files
> include ppp_opts.h. Where does your problem originate from? Does your code
> use one or more of these #defines and you are unable to include ppp_opts.h in
> these files?
>
> Dirk

It was during compilation of our application code that I saw this
circumstance. Honestly, I can't reproduce the situation currently, but
to me it would make sense if opt.h could be included standalone, and
have all it's defines usable, I don't think that is currently the case
due to the dependency on ppp_opts.h. Nonetheless, we can fix it on our
side by just including ppp_opts.h before opt.h, no problem.

> On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 9:25 PM address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On 27.08.2018 10:31, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
>>
>> you can #include ppp_opts.h in your lwipopts.h file to fix this.
>>
>> But I think this should be fixed in opt.h by #including ppp_opts.h
>>

>> Hmm, up to now, we included ppp_opts.h everywhere it was needed. Just
>> indlucing opt.h should not be a problem?
>>
>> If we included ppp_opts.h from opt.h, we might have to fix the cyclic
>> include...

/Jacob