lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #54190] Minor compile warnings under newly-release

From: Ray Ozzie
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #54190] Minor compile warnings under newly-released IAR EWARM 8.30.1
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 17:00:41 +0000

I don't know if this is precisely how you would have made the changes, but
attached are four files based on 2.0.3 that do successfully eliminate the
warnings.

After testing, I found that I could eliminate the warning either by a) masking
with an appropriate mask, or b) casting to the appropriate data type.

Since I found other places in the code that defined symbols with a suffix
_FLAGS that represented "all possible flags", I went with that approach under
the assumption that this would be your preference.

Four files based on 2.0.3:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/70msqjb8pvad6c8/AAD8d3AJJQp-dP9H_SPsGGIna?dl=0

Thank you for your consideration.

Ray

On 6/28/18, 3:25 PM, "Simon Goldschmidt" <address@hidden> wrote:

    On 27.06.2018 22:12, Ray Ozzie wrote:
    > I apologize for not being able to make this easier.
    >
    > Although I haven’t tested any fixes myself, it appears that the core issue
    is the technique of generating a ~ mask from a constant (Ie interpreted by
the
    compiler as size_t or whatnot), and then assigning the masked value into
    something smaller (ie uint8) is flagged as potentially losing significant
    bits. I believe a cast may be needed on all these mask ops.

    > If you have anything you’d like me to try, I’m happy to take the fix and
    tweak it as necessary and get it back to you.

    > Thanks much.

      <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?54190>

      Message sent via Savannah
      https://savannah.nongnu.org/