lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #52770] mdns: move the announcements to a timer callba

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #52770] mdns: move the announcements to a timer callback
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 14:34:23 -0500 (EST)

I'm OK with using a timer if we need one. But even in this case, we would
start the collision test phase as soon as possible, right? Not after an
arbitrary delay. I still say that 50ms delay is hiding things we should fix.
That's why I still take part in this discussion.

This like this are spread accross the stack. E.g. converting to core locking,
DNS queries are sent right away (from the calling thread), not from any later
point. That's the whole point in core locking. Maybe we should leave the
message passing thing in instead of removing it, so people having concerns
about the stack usage can stay with one stack for the lwip core...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?52770>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/