lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #52770] mdns: move the announcements to a timer callba

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #52770] mdns: move the announcements to a timer callback
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 14:01:28 -0500 (EST)

>> You can pass 'mdns_resp_announce' to tcpip_callback() (which
>> won't get removed!) or sys_timeout(). That will fix your
>> stack requirements.
> Yes, that was my proposed solution.

Again, we're not talking of the same thing. What I meant was that with the
current solution, *you* (Douglas, not "one") can implement the exact delay you
want.

What you proposed was to let everyone have an arbitrary delay of 50ms before
an announcement is sent. That might fit your needs. What if this is too long
or too short for the next user? To me, this looks like a solution to your
specific setup, not a generic fix.

> I have explained the problem a few times now, giving the
> example of the ipv4 address changing and triggering an
> announcement.

OK, got that. What I did not get yet is where do the multiple announcements
come from? Changing IPv4 address/netmask/gateway triple should only result in
one announcement. If it doesn't, let's fix this. Or is it something else
that's wrong for you?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?52770>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/