lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #14724] thread safe ARP cache APIs

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #14724] thread safe ARP cache APIs
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 10:25:27 -0500 (EST)

Simon,

I've attached a patch that implements these APIs as part of netifapi.  I think
this works out a lot better than netconn.

I've added the netif parameter, though currently it's unused.  For the delete
case, it seems that passing NULL could delete all instances because there
could be duplicates (one per netif) if a device has two netifs on the same
subnet

One additional discussion point: I'm wondering if the APIs should take
interface index rather than struct netif * because the places I intend on
using the APIs are network applications that sit above the socket/netconn
layer.  These applications have no idea of a 'struct netif' and there are no
way to go from interface name/index to struct netif.  The inner ARP APIs would
still take netif, but we'd just convert from index once inside the core
context, thoughts?

(file #42407)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: 0001-netifapi-add-thread-safe-ARP-APIs-task-14724.patch Size:4 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?14724>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/