lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9472] tcp_kill_prio: Don't kill active connection t

From: Axel Lin
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9472] tcp_kill_prio: Don't kill active connection that has the same priority
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 10:01:17 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None

Details:

When running out of pcb, the tcp_alloc call the tcp_kill_prio and it kills
active connection that has the same priority.
Using netconn APIs will always create tcp pcb with TCP_PRIO_NORMAL, thus
create new connection will always kill existing active connections rather than
fail to create new connection. This behavior looks wrong.

This patch avoid killing active connection that has the same priority, only
kills active connection with lower priority.

Note, cannot just changing "pcb->prio <= mprio" to "pcb->prio < mprio" because
with that change we do not kill the oldest active connection.
Thus I add checking mprio < prio to avoid kill the same priority pcb.

File Attachments:

Date: Thu 26 Oct 2017 02:01:16 PM UTC  Name:
0001-tcp_kill_prio-Don-t-kill-active-connection-that-has-.patch  Size: 3KiB
By: axellin

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=42269>

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9472>

  Message sent via/by Savannah