lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9364] RFC7668 - 6lowpan over Bluetooth Low Energy -

From: Aigner B.
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9364] RFC7668 - 6lowpan over Bluetooth Low Energy -- a new netif
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 12:37:23 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None

Details:

Dear lwIP team,
I've implemented a new network interface, which supports the 6lowpan over BLE
network.
Currently working with MQTT-SN, ICMPv6 and UDP6 (no further protocols tested).

Test setup:
ESP32 with BTStack as Bluetooth stack + Debian PC.

A connection can be made via the bluetooth_6lowpan kernel module (see Nordic
Semiconductor docs:
http://developer.nordicsemi.com/nRF5_IoT_SDK/doc/0.9.0/html/a00089.html )

Further test software is available at the ESP-IDF repo:
https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/issues/629
I will do further programming on upper layers, so there might be an update on
test cases,....

Best wishes & thx for this piece of software!

PS: @Simon: Hopefully you are satisfied with my homework :-).
Regarding the discussion on the similarity to 6lowpan:
I think it should be separated code, due to some key differences on
fragmentation (not used here, L2CAP takes care of it) and address handling.

File Attachments:

Date: Mon 29 May 2017 04:37:21 PM UTC  Name: 0001-Added-a-RFC7668-netif.patch
Size: 46kB   By: aignerb

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=40809>